Why is SEO still relevant?
Here’s a list of seven specific reasons why your business should definitely consider investing in your organic Search Engine Optimization – SEO:
- It still works – First and foremost, the techniques employed to improve Search Engine Optimization – SEO still work. Even though data regarding organic traffic from Google was pulled fairly recently, the techniques themselves remain sound. Plenty of Search Engine Optimization – SEO case studies performed post-Hummingbird can verify this.
- It is not going to stop working any time soon – Based on the way search engines appear to be developing, it is not likely that Search Engine Optimization – SEO will cease to be effective any time in the foreseeable future. On some level, even audio and video searches ultimately depend on keywords the same as traditional text-based content; this link ensures the continued success of Search Engine Optimization – SEO techniques as long as it exists.
- It is cost-effective – Compared to the costs associated with other forms of online marketing such as PPC advertising, social media marketing, or purchasing leads for an email marketing program, Search Engine Optimization – SEO provides fairly good ROI. While PPC may drive more revenue and social media may be more important for your image, your organic Search Engine Optimization – SEO in many ways remains a bedrock of your online presence.
- Search engines grabbing more market share – Somewhere between 80-90% of customers now check online reviews prior to making a purchase, and this number is only expected to increase. It won’t be long before virtually everyone is searching for products and services online. Do you want them to be able to locate your business, or not? Without organic Search Engine Optimization – SEO in place, people will have a very hard time finding you and will instead find your competitors.
- Rise of mobile bandwidth and local search optimization – Later this year, the amount of traffic delivered to mobile devices is expected to exceed that delivered to traditional desktop devices. With this dramatic explosion in mobile usage, a whole new world of effective Search Engine Optimization – SEO techniques have opened up for companies, such as local search optimization.
- Not having a healthy content profile is damaging – With each and every update to its search algorithm, Google and other engines change the way they look at websites.
Things which didn’t exist a few years ago, such as social media indicators, are now given fairly high importance in terms of their impact on your rankings. Not building a healthy content profile spread out months and years is potentially damaging to your business, as it is one of the factors Google evaluates when looking at your site.
- Your competitors are doing it – Remember, Search Engine Optimization – SEO is a never-ending process. If you’re not moving forward and improving your position, you’re losing ground to a competitor who is. That’s a simple fact of how the process works. Don’t let your competitors out maneuver you by ignoring this valuable tool for your business.
Investing in organic Search Engine Optimization – SEO is more important now than ever before, despite the current difficulty everyone finds themselves facing regarding the lack of organic keyword data and traffic. Your business definitely needs to have an Search Engine Optimization – SEO strategy in place if you are interested in succeeding in terms of online marketing; it remains one of the single most important components of any organization’s branding efforts and online presence.